Monday 6 June 2011

Ashley Young Wants Champions League Football and Manchester United can Provide

Clive Mason/Getty Images
(Bleacher Report) England wide man Ashley Young fired home the equalizing goal against Switzerland on Saturday and continues to show his massive talent even after the close season.

In an interview following the match, he was quoted by the Liverpool Echo as saying:
"I want to test myself at World Cups, European Championships and the Champions League.

"As a kid you always want to play in the best competitions. As a kid I wanted to play in the Champions League—and hopefully one day I will.

"People say the prime of your careers is aged 25, 26, 27. I'm 26 next month so hopefully I'm coming into my prime."
With that said it still remains unknown where he will end up.

The prospect of near-immediate playing time at Anfield will be the biggest bargaining chip for the Merseyside club. However, the likes of Manchester United, who seem to the be primary opponent in the race for the Three Lions attacker, offer Champions League football, as do also Arsenal, Manchester City, and Chelsea who all could do with Young's skills.

You can follow me on Twitter @thedailyatz and Facebook or visit my personal WebSite

No comments:

Post a Comment