Friday 12 August 2011

Gabriel Obertan out to Make Fergie Take Notice

Steve Dykes/Getty Images
(Bleacher Report)Newcastle United completed their signing of Gabriel Obertan from Manchester United this afternoon as they signed the pacey midfield winger to a five year deal at St. James park.

Obertan is the latest player to move on from Old Trafford after John O'Shea and Wes Brown both left for Sunderland in hopes of more playing time before they start truly aging out of their profession.

Goal.com re-quoted the player from BBC's Newcastle affiliate with these comments:

"I needed to play football, I do this job because I love football."

"Wearing a jersey just because it's a big club is not worth it, I had to leave and Newcastle was the right choice for me."

"I have good memories at Manchester United, we won the title last season, there was the Champions League final,"

"But it was difficult playing with the reserves, trying to stay fit, and I didn't get enough games."

The arrival of Ashley Young to the Red Devils pretty much ended any chance that Obertan had had in staking a claim to a first team place this season in Manchester, and he will join many fellow French players at Newcastle.

Newcastle's newest signing also had these kind words for his new home in the Daily Mirror:

“I am not sad, though, because I have signed for a big club. It is very big here, there is a lot of history and I want to be here...

“Now I just want to show the Newcastle United fans exactly what I can do," he said. "Each game I play here I will have a point to prove.

“I will be showing that in training every session and of course in the matches.

“It will not be easy because there are quality players here already. I just want to give 100% for the club.”

Obertan looks to be another daft signing by Alan Pardew if his primarily french philosophy in players works out.

You can follow me on Twitter @thedailyatz and Facebook or visit my personal WebSite

No comments:

Post a Comment