Wednesday 31 August 2011

Liverpool FC Transfers: Sebastian Coates Puts Pen to Paper for Reds

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/coates03.jpg
(Bleacher Report) After appearing in the stands at the Liverpool vs Bolton game over the weekend, Uruguayan defender Sebastian Coates has finished all the negotiations and paper work for his move from Nacional.

The player brings some great youthful vigor to the center of the back line and will slot in with Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger as the top four choices for the Reds central defense.

Coates credits the Reds Luis Suarez as the one that had the most influence upon him coming to Merseyside and had this to say about his national and now club teammate on LFC.tv:

"Luis told me a lot about Liverpool - but about the fans more than anything else. He told me how passionate they are about the club and how supportive they are."

"I saw that myself on Saturday when the fans really got behind their side against Bolton and that was great to see."

"Luis also told me about the history and the tradition of the club and now I feel very happy and excited to be here because I have left one great club in Nacional and signed for another great club with a fantastic history."

"To come to such a big club alongside a fellow countryman is very important for me. I know Luis will help me settle in, we have the same cultures and customs so having him around will help me a lot."

The player got to enjoy his first taste of victory at Anfield when the Reds played Bolton off the park save a consolation goal at the death by Ivan Klasnic.

It is not know when the club is most likely to debut their newest player but it could come as a substitute in the clubs next match two weeks from now.
You can follow me on Twitter @thedailyatz and Facebook or visit my personal WebSite

No comments:

Post a Comment